Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Time flies....

It's official, as of March 20th I'm now another year older and slowly knocking on 30's door.  I must say, my twenties have been a blast and I can't wait to see what the future has in store.  Now at the age of 27, I can happily say I have graduated from college, have a stable career, own my own home, have a solid group of friends and a wonderful fiance and pup to top it all off.  Life is good.  What's crazy for me to think about is how fast time flies out of high school.  I can't wrap my head around the fact that next year I'll be invited to my 10 year reunion (notice I didn't say attend ;)  I'm not sure if anyone really understands the premise that time flies out of high school, but it's the honest truth.  As I get older and adjust to adult life, I'm fairly surprised as to how I've changed through the years in a few different aspects of my life.  One example would be my progression of slight OCD.  I never thought in a million years I would be so content in a routine, somewhat mundane schedule that consumes my life, but I dig it and couldn't imagine things any other way.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all about spontaneity, however I definitely enjoy a routine schedule during the work week, it seems to keep me sane and highly productive.  Another instance in my OCD is my increasing drive to clean.  I've really turned into a clean freak and I'm really not sure where this came from, but regardless, I like tracks in my carpet and clean sheets on my bed at all times.  The last realization I ponder upon as I grow, is my newly found interest in my physical and mental health.  Going through both mental and physical distress, really does put a healthy-type lifestyle into perspective and you quickly learn not to take either for granted.  While I'm by no means the epitome of mental or physical health, I believe my experiences and countless research has really catapulted my passion for being the best me that I can be, and for that I'm thankful.  While we all have our vices, it's important not to indulge in things that can tear life apart, such as fast food, alcohol or reality television. At the end of the day, life's too short to sweat the small stuff and time is too precious to take it for granted.    Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment