Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day 2013

Happy St. Patty's day everyone!  The month of March offers so many valuable/fun days, including: St. Pat's day, the first day of spring, March madness and last, but certainly not least; my birthday - who wouldn't love March as much as I do!?  Above all of March's festivities, there's something about St. Patrick's day that I just can't get enough.  Perhaps it's the celebration of my distant Irish relatives, or the overly green light draft beer and the never ending gulps of Guinness, Irish car bombs, the color green, the celebration/recognition of luck, rainbows, gold, the color green, more beer, corned beef sandwiches, the return of McDonald's shamrock shakes, leprechauns and did I mention the color green?  While I can normally be found partaking in the usual St. Pat's shenanigans at my local dive, this year I find myself two states over in Minnesota for work, surrounded by strangers and non-celebrators. =(  Half of the people who I run into aren't even wearing green, to which I find myself wanting to pinch them and tell them to go back to Canada or wherever they came from, but then quickly realize I don't want to be that creepy guy.  Nonetheless, I'm celebrating in my festive green wardrobe and partying in my head, and lets face it- I'll be practicing for next year's St. Patrick's day all throughout the year. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment