Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Perspective


The thing is, I have three blogs currently in the works. All in which, I’m quite passionate about, topical and fulfilling in many different ways. The creativity and passion have really been pouring in lately.  However, it dawned on me today, that while I use composition for mostly therapeutic reasons, this in turn means my subject matter isn’t always the lightest.  I can rant all day about how disappointing the lions are (huge understatement), how I wish I didn’t have student loans or a rising credit card balance, or how I wish I had more time to write, however today I thought I would write off the cusp and dive into things that bring me joy.  I’m literally smiling ear to ear today, as many things seem to be falling into place around me.  Are things perfect? No. Things need work, trust me, however I’m doing the best I can and I’m forever grateful for my current position, after all, things could be oh so worse and I’m beyond blessed in more ways than one.  This past year has been such a wonderful learning lesson.  At times that subject matter was tough, at times I was more than happy to sit back and take notes.  Some days I aced it, some days I failed miserably, however tonight as I sit here and put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard, I’m overjoyed by all things that are going right because of the trials and tribulations I’ve incurred, not just this past year, but in my 29 years on this planet. 

I’ve learned, we’re flawed as humans, in terms of our mind and the unrelenting thoughts that flow in and out.  Unfortunately, far too often we focus on the negative instead of the happier thoughts, moments and things that shine through.  As I spend time, both physically and in reflection of family, friends and loved ones, I’m so thankful for where I am today and who I’m becoming as an individual.  I’m mentally stronger than I’ve ever been, I’m physically capable of more than I could have ever imagined and I continue to progress in all avenues of my being each and every day.  Thank you to the loved ones who have supported and encouraged me along my new appreciation and journey. Thank you to anyone who provided a listening ear when I needed it, whether you were my mom, a distant co-worker, or the grocery clerk, your compassion was/is appreciated more than you may ever know.  For those handful of individuals who really went above and beyond to stand by my side, you know who you are and I can never repay you for your loyalty and words of encouragement, thank you for being you, I couldn’t have done it without you.   
It turns out one year can tell you a lot and I’m so glad to be where I am now; positive and looking vibrantly into the future, stronger than I could have ever imagined. The place I was in last September compared to this September, couldn’t be any further from each other on the spectrum and boy am I glad that I’m finally able to trade those tears in for smiles. 

In concluding, I’ve composed a list of the things I’m most grateful for today, in no particular order:
Health, family, clean water, faith, those friends who are like family, coffee, Jo Jo, nature, senses, music, McDonald’s serving breakfast all day, friends, my home, being a godmother, freedom, decent cameras on cell phones, Christmas, my vehicle, Fall, good beer, mistakes, the color green, my education trust, sports, my job, math not being required for my degree, good co-workers, Thanksgiving, triumphs, lounging poolside, morals, online shopping, my bed, forgiveness, crockpots, Sandy, naps, education, the first snowfall, vacations, electricity, opportunity, time, teachers/mentors, experience, laughter and, last but not least, Mae Mae.  You’re a wonderfully, flawed human being like the rest of us, who has also proved to be authentic, caring and loving inside and out.  I thank God we’re now hand and hand in life’s pursuit, because it’s certainly catapulting us into one of the most beautiful and fruitful partnerships I could have ever imagined- And just to think, the best has yet to come. Xoxo.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment