Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Very superstitious?

Superstitious? At a time, to a fault...

In celebration of yet another Friday the 13th quickly approaching, it got me thinking about my highly superstitious self throughout the years.  I've been avoiding broken mirrors, walking under ladders and any other widely recognized superstition you can think of for years.  I even began to enthuse my own superstitions when I was in school.  While some are painfully embarrassing, others were more common and included things like "lucky socks" for basketball games and purposefully telling myself I would fail tests, when I knew deep down I knew that wasn't the case.  Set your expectations extremely low and I guess you're never disappointed.

In any event, I'm happy to say that my superstitious ways have really subsided for the most part.  I have some moments but I'm happy to report I do leave my house on Friday the 13th, would happily stay on the 13th floor of a hotel, all while looking into an old broken compact mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment