Wednesday, February 20, 2013

#AfterNewtown



I watched a segment at 4am this morning on PBS regarding Adam Lanza and the unforgettable Sandy Hook tragedy.  I’m typically not an early bird, however I was absolutely enthralled in what I was watching.  Beyond the realms of how truly fucked our present day society is, with media sensationalizing,  combined with lack of attention from peers, parents and other such guardians to teach, acknowledge and properly care for troubled individuals, we’re left with a society torn on gun control and what should occur.  While I’m not about to get into a lengthy gun debate, I can tell you one thing; the status quo is not working.   This issue is so precarious, words literally escape me.  However, I want to end with something that I heard from one of the PBS journalist’s which I believe is the truth: ‘it’s not metal detectors we need to detect guns, rather what we need are people detectors.’ 


No comments:

Post a Comment